Do you have empty glass jars at home? Before throwing them away, we invite you to take a look at these ideas to give them a second life. And it will surprise you how easy it is decorate a glass jar with rope and the many uses you could give it.
Give a second life to objects that we think are no longer useful is gratifying. That doesn't mean you have to save everything. Glass jars are a great ally for organizing the pantry, but they can also be a nice decorative object if you decorate them. Can you dedicate an afternoon to them? Then save a few and turn them into a project for the next few days.
Table of Contents
Uses of glass jars
You can give many uses to glass jars in your home. They can be used to decorate any corner of your home, but also as a practical element to organize small utensils or food. Discover the most common uses and start thinking about how you are going to use them in your home.
- like vase. When you invite family and friends to eat at home, do you ever know how to decorate the table? With the ideas for decorating a glass jar with rope that we propose today, you will be able to create beautiful floral centers for dress the table, but not only to dress the table. You can also bring freshness to other corners of your home, placing the flower pots on any surface or hanging them on the wall.
- Candleholder. What if we replace the flowers with candles? Lighting a room with candles helps us to give it an intimate and warm atmosphere. And a glass jar can become a great ally to do it safely.
- Lamp. Why not go further and use the glass jars to make a lamp? If your home has a rustic or industrial style, this type of lamp made with glass jars decorated with rope could work very well.
- Organize pantry and kitchen. Mason jars are ideal for organizing both food and kitchen supplies that would otherwise probably be rolling around in drawers. Candies, grains and cereals or kitchen tools will always be at hand.
- Organize the desk. Glass jars are very useful for organizing pencils, pens and small stationery such as rubber bands, thumbtacks, clips...
Ideas to decorate a boat with rope
You could use the mason jars as is, but decorating them with string is super easy and will add a lot of personality. Even if you're not very good at crafts, you'll find it easy to work on the ideas that we propose today to decorate a glass boat with rope.
wind the rope
I'm sure you won't have any problem wind the rope in the glass boat and fix it with the final lacing, am I wrong? And neither does it stop as you roll it up, apply glue so that it sticks well and you can manipulate the glass jar without fear of the rope falling off.
Look at these images and if you don't have plenty of creativity, imitate the ideas. it will suffice with that wrap the rope around the bottom or center of the boat glass first and then on the neck. Once this last part is fixed, you can also add a handle without major difficulties. An addition that will facilitate its transfer, especially when the boat is hot from having a lit candle inside.
Bet on macrame
Macrame is in fashion and that is why it is not difficult to find tutorials on the Internet to create small practical and decorative pieces with this technique to decorate our homes. All you have to do is pick one you like and follow it step by step.
Notice that with the macramé you can not only wrap the glass jar to make it more beautiful, but you can also add details that help you make it more practical. The pendants for glass jars and macramé planters are a great alternative to decorate homes where you want to enhance a natural and boho style and we love them!
Take risks with color
When we read rope automatically we all visualize a set of threads displayed in natural color. And yet this can come in many forms. playing with thickness or color. Doing so will bring a greater richness of detail to your project. The design will be less monotonous and it will seem that the work behind it is more.
Today it is easy to find strings in a wide range of colors and see how a project changes just by introducing a few color notes. If your home have a fresh, young and fun style, do not hesitate! It incorporates pink, green, orange or purple notes and replaces the natural tone with white or black.
Do you like our ideas to decorate a glass boat with rope?